quinta-feira, 12 de março de 2020

5 Face Cleansers I've Tried Recently

Hello darlings!


My skin has been changing so much over this past couple of years, that I felt like none of my usual cleansers were appropriate anymore and I started looking for different things in the products. That's how it started the quest for the perfect face cleanser! 
Before we start, I should explain that I have combination skin with a tendency to dehydration. Sometimes it's such a mess to define it because different parts can be completely different. Usually I have dry cheeks and forehead, but my chin and the area around my nose are oily. This means that it's very difficult to find products that work for me. 

Do you think that I was finally able to find my Cleanser Holy Grail? Well, keep Reading to find out!



First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Cleanser

This is a very gentle cleanser. It says it removes surface oils, makeup, dirt and grime and it’s absolutely true! It’s infused with botanical antioxidant like aloe to calm, sooth and nurture the skin and glycerin to hydrate the skin. It can be used even by sensitive skin types. It works! For a long time this was my go to cleanser, it’s so gentle, I never noticed any redness, doesn’t dry the skin and feels very fresh. It’s fragrance free, cruelty free, vegan and gluten free. If you have sensitive skin this is an amazing choice.



CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser

I think the names says everything about this cleanser. It’s suited for normal and dry skin, with 3 Ceramides, NP, AP and EOP (1, 3, 6-11) and Hyaluronic Acid to lock the moisture into your skin. I use this in the winter when my skin gets dry or dehydrated, but it breaks me out a little when the skin is back to normal. Otherwise, it removes any dirt but is a little stubborn with makeup, that's why I usually recommend it as a second or a morning cleanser.



Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip


This is a gentle cleanser that uses Green Clay, Bentonite and White Kaolin to clean pores without stripping the skin from moisture, Rice and Olive Oil Esters to balance and soften sensitive skin and Neroli Extract to brighten and soothing the skin. It’s cruelty free, vegan, sulfate free, paraben free, gluten free and fragrance free. I’m not even sure what to say about this cleanser. I love the fact that it immediately soothes any redness I have, but other than that… well… it doesn’t remove makeup, it doesn’t make my face feel clean, it’s a weird liquidy form… but in its defence it’s actually very gentle and doesn’t dry out my face. It’s not an awful cleanser, but for me it’s certainly not worth the price.



Laneige Multi Deep-Clean Cleanser

Even though it says that it can be used by all skin types, this is more appropriate for combination and oily skin because the Papaya Enzymes purifies the skin by removing dead cells, excess sebum and waste in pores, while the Blueberry Extract is an antioxidant that soothes and brightens the skin. This is my cleanser Holy Grail! It does everything I wish for in a cleanser: removes every trace of dirt and makeup, cleans deeply, makes my skin feel fresh without drying it or that horrible tightening feeling and the tiniest dot is enough to clean my entire face.



Dr. Jart + Dermaclear Micro-Foam

This is a creamy foaming cleanser with Hydrogen Bio Water (Whatever that is!) that helps draw out impurities and excess oil, Dead Sea salt with antibacterial and disinfecting effects and Coconut water to soften and moisturize the skin. Well, this is good. I actually feel like my skin is clean and hydrated. When I first got it, I thought the effect would be horrible, because coconut water products usually breaks me out. Not the case at all! I believe this can be used by all skin types… just maybe not sensitive.



And these were the five cleansers I've tried recently. Here I could also include the Youth To The People Superfood Cleanser, but I left it out because I already reviewed it. You can find my opinion about it here.
And in case you were wondering which of these cleansers is my absolute favourite, well… I have one with a very close 2nd place. Of course the Laneige Multi Deep-Clean Cleanser is the winner. It's everthing I look for in a cleanser and I couldn't be happier with the results. That is of course, at the moment, with the warm weather, when my skin is almost always on the oilier side.
My second favourite is the First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser. This works a little better on dry skin so, once the Summer is over and the cold wind is back, I believe it will be my front runner again. 


 Have you tried any of these cleansers?
 Which one is your favorite? 


8 comentários:

  1. Thank you for the thorough reviews! Some of these products sound really effective.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. i recently learnt from some makeup youtubers that oil facial cleansers are the best facial cleansers, i don't know how that really works?

    Glowyshoe's blog

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I do love that Laneige and Dr. Jart!

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I really want to try the First Aid beauty one, I've heard so many great things! I'm terrible with cleansers and tend to use the same one, so this is so helpful xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I really enjoy that Cerave cleanser - especially during winter :)

    Jasmine xx



    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Nunca experimentei nenhum mas parecem ser todos tão incríveis.
    Beijinhos
    http://virginiaferreira91.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  7. A CeraVe é um dos produtos que temos imensa curiosidade de experimentar!

    Beijinhos,

    http://damselme.blogspot.com/?m=0

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Very beautiful post and blog, my dear!!! =)) Follow you
    https://mariakaraevaofficial.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar

Thank you for your comment!